How To Start Winning Horse Racing Bets?
Gambling on thoroughbred contests can be tricky but it doesn’t have to be! In this guide, we are going to break down all the information you need to begin your successful thoroughbred racing betting career! Let’s begin!
How To Find The Right Wager?
Before you start making cash from all of your bets you need to select which types of wagers you are going to focus on. Lucky for you there are lots of different options! Here are some of the most common types:
- Win – With this tactic, you are gambling on a thoroughbred to win the race outright and cross the finish line in the first place. The benefit of this wager type is it has higher odds than other bets but there is also higher risk.
- Place – In this situation, you guess what thoroughbred is going to come either first or second. Irrespective if your thoroughbred comes first or second your wager payout and you receive the full amount. While place wagers have lower odds than win bets they are less risky because if your thoroughbred doesn’t perform as well as expected but still comes second you still walk away a winner!
- Show – Not only do you win if your horse comes first but you also can cash out your bet if your thoroughbred comes second or third. Show wagers have significantly lower odds than win wagers but you always have a great chance of succeeding and if you stick to show bets your win rate will be very high.
- All of these wager types present amazing opportunities. The type of horse racing bet you should choose depends on the odds offered by the sportsbook, the particular contest, and the particular horse you want to bet on. For example, it may make more sense to place a winning wager on a red hot favorite horse who is expected to win easily but placing a show wager on an underdog may also present a great value opportunity.
What Horse Event Should You Bet On?
There are literally thousands of racing events happening around the world! Gamblers have almost too much choice which makes it hard to find which events to gamble. Here are some of the most popular racing events that are worth paying attention to:
Melbourne Cup – The Melbourne Cup is Australia’s pinnacle Thoroughbred race which sees 3-year-old thoroughbreds seeing who can last the distance of 3.2 km. There is a mammoth total prize of $8 million up for grabs!
Kentucky Derby – It is a contest held annually in Louisville, Kentucky, United States, in May, and is the pinnacle event at the Kentucky Derby Festival. This race features the best three-year-old Thoroughbreds in the world who compete over one and a quarter miles with the winner pocketing almost $2 million.
Gold Cup at Royal Ascot – It takes place at the legendary Royal Ascot track and is contested over a distance of 2 miles 3 furlongs and 210 yards. The Gold Cup takes place every June and has a first prize purse of over $500,000!
Dubai World Cup – A newcomer on the block, the first Dubai World Cup was held back in 1996 after Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum wanted to turn Dubai into a world-class horse contest destination. This is a thoroughbred horse race that takes place on a left-hand track at the Meydan Racecourse and features a $12 million purse!
If you bet on the big-time horse events mentioned above you will find incredible value and be able to secure some great odds. Not only will you be able to find profitable bets but you will get to watch the very best thoroughbred racing in the world!
How To Find The Best Thoroughbred To Wager On?
After you have decided which bet type you are interested in making and which event you want to try your luck on you now need to pick what thoroughbred you think is going to place or win. When picking an animal, consider these factors:
- Experience – Prior to picking an animal, you should look at the previous results and analyze the types of races they have competed in, their placings, and which horses they have defeated. Ideally, you are looking for horses who have run in a lot of big races, had great results, and beaten strong thoroughbreds.
- Conditions – Before you pick a horse you need to analyze the track conditions and determine which thoroughbred is likely to thrive in these conditions. Some horses do great when the track is wet and muddy while others need a firm dry surface to run well. No matter how good you think a thoroughbred is, don’t bet on them if the conditions don’t suit their abilities.
- Length of the course – Some horses do better over short distances while others have great endurance and shine over longer races. You should always find out the length of the race and make sure the thoroughbred specializes in that particular distance.
- Form – You should always look at the results of thoroughbreds in a previous couple of races. If a horse has consistently been winning contests or making the top 3 then they are likely to continue this strong run of form and are worth gambling on.
- If you consider these factors before gambling you should have no issues finding a thoroughbred that is going to perform well!
Time To Bet On A Horse Race
Now you understand the basics of horse racing gambling it is time to use your newfound knowledge to make some wagers. Simply sign up to a sportsbook, pick a
contest, select your bet type and pick your animal. If you follow our advice you should be winning in no time. Good luck!